A Nationally Published Innovator and Teacher of DUI Defense Lawyer Tactics Serving Seattle, Snohomish, King Counties, and Beyond
For over 15 years, I have committed myself to becoming one of the most well-respected and well-renowned DUI defense attorneys in Western Washington. I work hard every day to achieve this goal by being more prepared, more knowledgeable, and more aggressive and innovative than my peers and opponents.
I am now the author of “Innovative DUI Trial Tools - 4th Ed.” from James Publishing, a national strategy guide for DUI Lawyers all over the country. Most weeks, attorneys from all over the country call my office to consult about their cases and discuss their strategies with me.
I have also written “The DUI Survival Guide,” designed to demystify the DUI process for you, our client. Although available on amazon.com, we are always happy to give you a copy of this book for free.
I have become known by the legal community and the staff in almost every court in the State, as well as locally in Seattle, Bothell, Everett, Seattle, Shoreline, Edmonds, Bellevue, Redmond, and more! My membership in national organizations and continued training keep me on the cutting edge of all DUI and criminal issues in Washington State.
DUI STUDIES WITH THE NATIONAL COLLEGE FOR DUI DEFENSE
I have studied DUI law with the National College for DUI Defense and am ready to fight for you! I am the WA State Delegate for the NCDD and I sit on a delegates committee. I serve as a resource for all members and I'm the go-to member if anyone has questions regarding DUI laws in Washington. I have also completed the NHTSA and IACP DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Student Course – this is the same course officers must complete to arrest you for DUI and then administer Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. I have become a qualified instructor in that very same course, which gives me the same qualifications as the people who trained the police officers to arrest you! I have been Forensic Sobriety Assessment certified, and been through the Advanced Roadside Impairment Driver Enforcement class (also put on by NHTSA).
My higher level of training than most attorneys is one of the things that sets me apart and helps me provide higher quality DUI defense when you need it. It's also why when other attorneys need help on cases or to learn about cutting-edge issues, I'm often one of their first calls. I regularly teach and lecture to other lawyers about my DUI strategies. And I can put these same strategies to work for you.
Here are a few of the differences that make me your best choice:
- We are available to clients 24/7 – no answering service – no "gatekeeper". If you need to talk to us – call us. I usually answer my own phone!
- We limit our caseload! This allows me to focus on each client in detail. If you need two hours or an afternoon of our time – we can schedule it without a headache.
- We work on being as green and technologically advanced as we can be. All of your files are scanned – we can e-mail you any documents you need in a heartbeat. More importantly – we always have access to your file – no matter where we are in the WORLD. This lets us work for you whenever you need it – wherever you need it. Less paper – more efficiency. My team is easier on the environment – and easier to work with for you.
- We focus on not only relentless defense of you in court – but on being compassionate to you in all of our interactions – and we're known for it.
- I am proud to say that DUI Heroes is a family-owned and operated firm – and will always stay that way.
I am (or have been) a member of the following organizations:
- National College for DUI Defense (General Member and State Delegate)
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Past Board of Directors)
- Citizens for Judicial Excellence
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (2001-2008): recipient Silver Key
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (2005-2007)
- Avvo.com Level 6 Contributor / Legal Guide Publisher
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
This is a sampling of some of the continuing legal education seminars I have recently attended and/or taught at:
- 2018 - Defending DUIs - Washington Foundation for Criminal Justice
- 2018 - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Fall DUI Session
- 2017 - Defending DUIs - Washington Foundation for Criminal Justice
- 2017 - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Fall DUI Session
- 2016 - Defending DUIs - Washington Foundation for Criminal Justice
- 2016 - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Fall DUI Session
- 2016 - Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Misdemeanor Go!*
- 2014 - CJE - Ethical Implications of Deferred Prosecutions*
- 2013 - Snohomish County Bar Association – Marijuana*
- 2013 - Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Marijuana DUIs*
MY MISSION & COMMITMENT TO YOU
My mission is to embody excellence, experience, empathy, and enthusiasm in everything my team does.
We strive to provide the highest quality legal representation for individuals charged with DUI and DUI-related offenses, other minor criminal traffic offenses, and all areas of criminal law in general. I am one of the highest-rated Seattle DUI attorneys as well as Bothell and Snohomish County areas on the independent Avvo rating scale. I have been asked to sit as a judge pro-tem in most of the courts in Snohomish County. I have also been included in the 2014-2018 Washington Super Lawyers® list of Rising Stars℠ specifically for DUI Defense - a distinction held by no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
I have emphasized criminal and DUI defense since the start of my career as a lawyer. I've never done anything else. I have worked as a public defense attorney, managing caseloads of over 300 cases at any one time, and as a private attorney, focusing my skills and craft on creating the best possible defense in every case. I continue to learn and refine my legal skills by being a member of local and national organizations that support DUI and criminal defense attorneys with membership and continuing legal education. I have given presentations about DUI law to local chemical dependency treatment providers, written a published legal guide on finding the right defense attorney for your case, and more. I have been asked by attorneys to teach THEM how to practice DUI law. I have developed a DUI Boot Camp course I have put on for public defenders to get them acquainted with how to best defend their clients. I am frequently one of the highest-rated and most requested teachers at continuing legal education seminars I teach at.
GET IN TOUCH WITH ME TODAY!
Being charged with any criminal charge is one of the most stressful and upsetting things a person can go through. I take special pride in knowing each of my clients' needs and goals for their case. I work hard to do as much of the worrying for you as possible, so you can worry about the things you normally do, resting assured that your case is in the hands of someone who not only knows how to help you but cares enough about you to want to help you as well. We will remain in close contact with you, protect your privacy, and keep you informed about every aspect of your case, so you don't have to worry about whether or not we are taking care of your needs.
In addition to working hard to get you the results you want on any criminal case, we are known throughout the legal community for not only our legal skill but my love of the field and profession. We truly enjoy practicing criminal and DUI defense, and this enjoyment shines through in every aspect of our representation of you as our client.
But don't take my word for it – here's what some of my clients have had to say about our team. Click here to read testimonials.
Call DUI Heroes today!
*Attorney Jonathan Dichter was a member of the faculty/teacher at these CLE events.