Lynnwood Hit and Run Lawyer
Legal Defense for Drunk Driver Hit and Run in Washington State
If you are involved in a vehicle accident resulting in injuries or fatalities, you are legally required to:
- Remain at the scene, even if you did not cause the accident
- Render any assistance that is needed
- Provide your name, address, vehicle license number, and insurance information
- Show your license to the other driver or vehicle occupants
If you leave, you can be charged with the offense of hit and run.
If you were involved in a hit and run in Washington State, Contact our Lynwood DUI hit & run attorneys today for a free consultation!
DUI Hit and Run Punishment
There are two main types of hit and run cases.
- The first is hit and run attended - a gross misdemeanor.
- This is when the vehicle (or object) that has been hit is occupied.
- The consequences are up to 1 year in jail, up to a $5,000 fine and a mandatory 1 year driver's license suspension.
- The second is hit and run unattended - considered a misdemeanor.
- Which is where the vehicle is not occupied, or parked.
- The consequences are up to 90 days in jail and $1,000 in fines.
Hit and Run Charges Involving Injuries in Washington
Hit and run cases involving injuries are Class C felonies, punishable by:
- Up to 5 years in prison
- A maximum of $10,000 in fines
In cases involving a fatality, you will be charged with a class B felony, and can be sentenced to:
- Up to 10 years in prison
- Up to $10,000 in fines
What to do if You are Involved in a Hit and Run
A Lynnwood DUI hit and run lawyer should be contacted immediately if you have been involved in a hit and run. If there were witnesses to the accident, they may have taken down your license plate number as well as physical description and reported it to law enforcement. The police may be looking for you, and there may also be a warrant out for your arrest. A skilled defense Lynwood DUI hit & run attorney can intervene and help you resolve your legal problems.
Lynnwood DUI Hit & Run Attorney
DUIHeroes is a seasoned firm that can give you valuable legal advice if you are facing hit and run charges in Lynnwood, Seattle, Everett, Kirkland, Snohomish County, and throughout Washington State. As experienced Lynwood DUI hit & run lawyers, we can provide effective legal representation in your case. We will work to mitigate the charges against you and do everything possible to prevent the loss of your freedom.
"The vision of DUIHeroes is to change the way the public views individuals charged with a criminal offense. And, to change the way they view the criminal defense attorneys who ethically and professionally stand up for and defend the rights of those individuals every day, because those rights are guaranteed to every single one of us. No matter what."
- Founding Attorney, Jonathan Dichter
“They supported and fought for me through all of my legal challenges!” - L.W.
“I recognize and respect the team's level of expertise and professionalism...” - Anonymous
“Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!